The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 3/1/2018 Arts Commission - Regular Meeting
- 3/15/2018 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
- 3/15/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 3/16/2018 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
- 3/16/2018 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
Latest Press Releases
- 2/15/2018 Cowboy Days returns to Farm & Ranch Museum for 19th year
- 2/12/2018 New Mexico State Library, Creative Startups & Fab Lab Hub Announce: Libraries as Launchpads, An Economic Initiative
- 2/9/2018 Carnaval Fever
- 2/8/2018 Museum Announces Events in Conjunction with exhibition Da VinciThe Genius
- 2/7/2018 Historic Recording of State Song to be Unveiled at Opening of The Land That Enchants Me So Exhibition at New Mexico History Museum on March 2
Changes to Rules
The Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents (BOR) and the Department of Cultural Affairs held a public hearing on Friday, November 17, 2017, at 10:00 A.M. in Room 238, the Old Senate Chambers, of the Bataan Memorial Building, 407 Galisteo Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501. The purpose of the hearing was to receive oral and written comments on proposed rule repeals and on a proposed new rule. The approved changes are linked below.
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Shifting Light offers a twenty-first century perspective on the museum’s long-term engagement with the popular
Exhibition of the work of Sheldon Parsons and Eliot Porter in the Governor’s Gallery on the 4th floor of the
This exhibition showcases a lifetime of beautifully creative work by the late Las Cruces artist Connie