The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 5/31/2019 Board of Directors for the NMFRHM
- 6/6/2019 Arts Commission - Regular Meeting
- 6/7/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 6/11/2019 New Mexico Music Commission
- 6/13/2019 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
Latest Press Releases
- 5/22/2019 New Mexico Libraries Offer Space-Themed Programs All Summer Long
- 5/22/2019 Boundary Trouble: Outliers and American Vanguard Art
- 5/20/2019 2019 Summer/Fall Guide to New Mexico Museums & Historic Sites Available Online
- 5/16/2019 Interim Director Named for New Mexico History Museum & Palace of the Governors
- 5/16/2019 New Mexico Museums & Historic Sites offer Free Admission to Active Duty Military & Their Families From Armed Forces Day through Labor Day
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The first artwork ever to be displayed at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum belonged to Robert
Alexander Girard was one of the most influential interior and textile designers of the 20th century. Alexander Girard:
Social & Sublime: Land, Place, and Art exemplifies how artists in the late 19th through the 20th century have