The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 7/19/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 7/20/2018 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
- 7/20/2018 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
- 7/27/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 8/10/2018 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
Latest Press Releases
- 7/18/2018 Mars Comes into Focus During Museums Aug. 3 Monthly First Friday
- 7/10/2018 A Gathering of Voices: Folk Art from the Judith Espinar and Tom Dillenberg Collection
- 7/9/2018 Palace of the Governors to Close for 6 Months for Ongoing Renovation
- 7/5/2018 Da VinciThe Genius: Extended One Month By Popular Demand
- 7/3/2018 Explore Asteroids and Comets at Incoming! at Museum Planetarium
SECOND NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF WRITTEN COMMENT DEADLINE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents and the Department of Cultural Affairs are extending the deadline for submitting written comments on the proposed repeal and replacement of 4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum, until Thursday, November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Hearing Exhibits To Date (4/10/18)
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Telling New Mexico: Stories from Then and Now, the main exhibition of the New Mexico History Museum, sweeps across more
Drawn primarily from the New Mexico Museum of Art’s extensive collection, Horizons shows the wide and dynamic
Da Vinci—The Genius opens at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science in Albuquerque at 9am on