The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 4/27/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 5/3/2018 Arts Commission - Planning and Budget Committee Meeting
- 5/16/2018 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
- 5/17/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 5/18/2018 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
Latest Press Releases
- 4/20/2018 May the 4th: Museums monthly First Friday celebrates Star Wars & Da Vincis Military Inventions
- 4/19/2018 Registration Open Now for Museums Many Summer Camp Courses for Kids
- 4/18/2018 Bureau of Geology and Museum of Natural History & Science Team Up to Protect Groundwater
- 4/13/2018 The Museum of Indian Arts & Culture Presents Against All Odds: The Education of a Jicarilla Apache Chiefs Family
- 4/12/2018 New Hours for DynaTheater and Planetarium
SECOND NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF WRITTEN COMMENT DEADLINE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents and the Department of Cultural Affairs are extending the deadline for submitting written comments on the proposed repeal and replacement of 4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum, until Thursday, November 1, 2018.
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Now 400 years old, Santa Fe was once an infant city on the remote frontier. Santa Fe Found: Fragments of Time, on
Folk Art is a treasure, and Lloyd’s Treasure Chest offers a participatory gallery experience highlighting the
Some objects are purely utilitarian in nature, with no real aesthetic appeal. At the other end of the spectrum are