The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 10/13/2017 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 10/27/2017 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 11/8/2017 New Mexico Music Commission
- 11/9/2017 Arts Commisstion - Annual Meeting
- 11/16/2017 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
Latest Press Releases
- 9/19/2017 Los Pleneros de la 21
- 9/19/2017 NHCC Brings 4,000-Square-Foot Fresco and Other Masterpieces Online on Google Arts and Culture
- 9/14/2017 Celebrate The Wonderful World of Opals at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
- 9/7/2017 Farm & Ranch Museum features breed of sheep created in NM
- 9/6/2017 Find free, family-friendly fun at Museum Hill Community Day Sunday, September 24, 2017
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to 15 exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Here, Now, and Always is a major exhibition based on eight years of collaboration among Native American elders,
Telling New Mexico: Stories from Then and Now, the main exhibition of the New Mexico History Museum, sweeps across more
Folk Art is a treasure, and Lloyd’s Treasure Chest offers a participatory gallery experience highlighting the