The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 12/19/2019 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
Latest Press Releases
- 12/13/2019 Sayaka Ganz- Reclaimed Creations Opens At Museum
- 12/12/2019 Museum Presents Untold Stories of Chaco Canyon
- 12/11/2019 State Historic Preservation Office approves final design of New Mexico Museum of Art Vladem Contemporary
- 12/9/2019 Holiday Open House at the New Mexico Museum of Art
- 12/6/2019 Las Posadas Reception Relocated to Portal of Palace of the Governors
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Multiple Visions: A Common Bond has been the destination for well over a million first-time and repeat visitors to the
The Buchsbaum Gallery features each of the Pueblos of New Mexico and Arizona in a selection of pieces that represent
The Spanish colonial home (la casa) gives visitors an idea of what a home from the time around 1815 would have looked