The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 4/5/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 4/9/2019 New Mexico Music Commission
- 4/26/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 4/29/2019 New Mexico State Library Commission
- 5/2/2019 Arts Commission - Planning & Budget Committee Meeting
Latest Press Releases
- 3/25/2019 The Great Unknown: Artists at Glen Canyon and Lake Powell Opens at the New Mexico Museum of Art
- 3/22/2019 The Brothers Chongo: A Tragic Comedy in Two Parts
- 3/21/2019 Yokai: Ghosts and Demons of Japan
- 3/20/2019 The Mid-Century Santa Fe Collaboration Presents: 2019 Student Art and Design Competition
- 3/19/2019 Registration Coming Soon for 2019 Young Explorers Summer Camp
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
This exhibition explores the new directions taken by current Peruvian folk artists during the recent decades of social
The first artwork ever to be displayed at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum belonged to Robert
The First World War exhibition investigates the contributions of New Mexicans to the war, through letters,