The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 12/7/2018 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 12/13/2018 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
Latest Press Releases
- 11/16/2018 Farm & Ranch Museum shows Peter Hurd’s New Mexico in art, objects
- 11/13/2018 Experience the Mars InSight Landing at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
- 11/12/2018 Finding evidence of Coronado at Coronado Historic Site
- 11/9/2018 Commemorating the Great War: Paul Crets Cemeteries and Memorials in Europe
- 11/8/2018 December Activities & Holiday Events inside the Department of Cultural Affairs
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Extraordinary how a small glass bead from the island of Murano (Venice, Italy) or the mountains of Bohemia (Czech
Named after International Space Hall of Fame Inductee and aeromedical pioneer Dr. John P. Stapp, the Air and Space Park
Here, Now, and Always is a major exhibition based on eight years of collaboration among Native American elders,