The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 7/18/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 7/19/2019 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
- 7/19/2019 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
- 7/26/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 8/9/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
Latest Press Releases
- 6/20/2019 Artists and Arts Contributors Named for 2019 Annual Governors Awards for Excellence in the Arts New Mexicos Highest Artistic Honors Celebrate Lifetime Achievement in the Arts
- 6/18/2019 MOIFA Celebrates Art as Activism at the Santa Fe Railyard
- 6/14/2019 Lost Talent Gallery on Display at New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
- 6/13/2019 Shelden Nuñez-Velarde Joins MIACs Pottery Series in July
- 6/12/2019 Sacred Journeys II is a Reflection of N.M. Cultures With Festival Ballet Albuquerque, Robert Mirabal and Jock Soto
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
This exhibition explores the new directions taken by current Peruvian folk artists during the recent decades of social
Drawn to the Land: Peter Hurd’s New Mexico features 24 paintings and some of the artist’s belongings,
Will Rogers noted that Fred Harvey “kept the West in food—and wives.” But the company’s Harvey