The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 1/18/2019 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
Latest Press Releases
- 1/18/2019 Fall in Love with Science at the NM Museum of Natural History & Science
- 1/15/2019 Farm & Ranch expands Antique Treasures Show to two days
- 1/14/2019 Alexander Girard: A Designers Universe at Museum of International Folk Art in May 2019
- 1/10/2019 New Mexico Museum of Art & Creative Santa Fe Announce Tania Katan Book Talk with Jen Sincero as Special Guest
- 1/7/2019 Media Alert: German Tornado jet fighter to move from Holloman Air Force Base tthrough Alamogordo
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Because It’s Time: Unraveling Race and Place in NM examines race and identity in New Mexico and is a space
The Atomic Histories exhibit explores the most famous events, sometimes little known stories, and inventions born here
The Spanish colonial home (la casa) gives visitors an idea of what a home from the time around 1815 would have looked