Coronavirus Update 3/15/20
All Department of Cultural Affairs museums and historic sites are temporarily closed to the public as a public health precaution due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus). These closures are part of the larger effort by state government to minimize public exposure. Please continue to visit this website for updates and to explore online resources and collections.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
See all Upcoming Board Meetngs
Latest Press Releases
- 3/27/2020 Experience New Mexicos Museums, Historic Sites, and Cultural Institutions from Home
- 3/12/2020 Advisory from New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs
- 3/11/2020 ¡Aquí Estamos! New Selections from the NHCC Art Museum Permanent Collection
- 3/10/2020 Poetry Out Loud: New Mexico Champion Declared, Will Take Part in National Finals in April
- 3/9/2020 New Mexico History Museum Unfurls Collaborative Art Flag Celebrating 19th Amendment Centennial
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The Museum’s first permanent exhibit takes visitors on an odyssey through 150 generations over 4,000 years of
Visit the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science to see the recycled art exhibit from Japanese artist
Throughout the 20th and 21st centuries, moments of violence, political upheaval, and natural