The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
Latest Press Releases
- 12/14/2018 New Mexico State Library Foundation Fun Facts Series opens up the World of Literature
- 12/13/2018 Horned Dinosaur Crittendenceratops discovered in Arizona
- 12/12/2018 2019 Native Treasures: Living Treasure Showcases the Chongo Brothers
- 12/10/2018 GranMarys Place Storytelling at MIAC continues in the New Year
- 12/4/2018 Watercolor show at Farm & Ranch Museum brings light to rural kitchen scenes
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The First World War exhibition investigates the contributions of New Mexicans to the war, through letters,
Will Rogers noted that Fred Harvey “kept the West in food—and wives.” But the company’s Harvey
The first artwork ever to be displayed at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum belonged to Robert