The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 11/15/2019 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
- 11/15/2019 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
- 11/21/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 12/6/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
Latest Press Releases
- 11/12/2019 Popular Seasonal Ornament Workshops in December at Museum of Indian Arts and Culture
- 11/12/2019 Holiday Closures for New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
- 11/11/2019 Celebrating Luminarias, Light and the Winter Holidays: ¡Iluminarte! Magical Light and Bike Parade
- 11/8/2019 Baila! Baila! and NHCC present Christmas in New Mexico ® 2019
- 11/8/2019 Celebrate the Holidays at the 2019 Museum Hill Holiday Stroll December 13
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Here, Now, and Always is a major exhibition based on eight years of collaboration among Native American elders,
Six rotations of five artists at various career stages living and working in New Mexico
A believer in numerology, astrology, and faith healing, Agnes Pelton’s abstract compositions propelled her into