The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 9/20/2019 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
- 10/11/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 11/8/2019 Arts Commisstion - Annual Meeting
- 11/12/2019 New Mexico Music Commission
- 11/15/2019 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
Latest Press Releases
- 9/19/2019 Working on the Railroad opening in October at the New Mexico History Museum
- 9/18/2019 MOIFA and Metamorfosis Documentation Project present Noche de Animas. Tzintzuntzan
- 9/17/2019 Call for Entries! Día de los Muertos Community Ofrenda Exhibit 2019
- 9/13/2019 Prehistoric Crocodile Fossil Discovered in New Mexico
- 9/11/2019 MOIFA Presents Girard: Culture x Design, a Two-Day Symposium
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Telling New Mexico: Stories from Then and Now, the main exhibition of the New Mexico History Museum, sweeps across more
Girard’s Modern Folk examines the particular ways in which renowned mid-century American designer Alexander
Multiple Visions: A Common Bond has been the destination for well over a million first-time and repeat visitors to the